Tuesday 8 June 2010

52PP IV

Well its the end of the first week of the 52 Pair Plunge IV, and I have been busy getting some submissions ready.

The idea of the Plunge is to knit a pair of socks every week for a year so that you end up with 52 completed pairs by the end of May. Now I know myself pretty well, and I know that I will be distracted by some shiny new pattern for a shawl/sweater/toy at some point so my strategy for getting the plunge finished successfully is to knit like a maniac early on so that if I do fall off the wagon I have at least a couple of pairs in hand (enough to give me time to finish a simple sweater for example)

Here are the first of the pairs
1/52
These are made for my DD and are a UK size 2. I used Knitting Goddess 4ply sock yarn in a semi solid pink colourway and had lots left over soooooo.....

I used it to knit these I made some mods to the pattern to give these a picot edged cuff.

And last but by no means least, I knit some baby socks (thanks goodness for pregnant friends, these little fellas knit up in no time)
I don't need a psychic to tell me that there will be a lot more of these in my immediate future LOL!









No comments: