Saturday 11 October 2008

Toe-UP

Several months ago I decided that I would like to learn how to knit socks.  I had been reading other peoples blogs extolling the virtues of sock knitting and wanted to see what all the fuss was about.
So after searching Ravelry for a suitable starter pattern I decided to try http://www.cometosilver.com/socks/
I can highly recommend these tutorials they are well written and so easy to follow.

Anyhoo, I have just about got the hang of cuff down socks on 4DPN's and have knitted several pairs with varying degrees of success, so, its time to try toe-up.


So far so good (although the first round after the cast on is a bit difficult to get the hang of)  I am using Wendy Happy 4ply in the Capricorn colour way.  This is lovely yarn 75% Bamboo and 25% Nylon and because I took the photo at work (it was lunch time)  the ugly strip lighting does not do the colours justice.

This is another work in progress to add to the ever growing pile but Hay Ho I'll get through it all in the end.


No comments: