Friday 21 April 2017

A fresh look at blogging

It's been a while since I last blogged, this is mostly due to time not being on my side.  Lets face it if given the choice of blogging about knitting and other fiber crafts and actually knitting or doing something with fiber there really is no contest.

I've been watching a lot of podcasts whilst knitting lately (mostly podcasts about knitting funnily enough) and thought that the format most of them take would translate well to a written blog too.

So, with that in mind, my cunning plan is to  get my act together and blog more regularly include more photos and be a bit more interesting.

So first of all, before starting out with the new format, here is what I've been up to recently:

Campsite Shawl by Alicia Plumber:- this was a very quick knit because its a DK weight yarn and it's a well written and straightforward pattern.



Ashburn Shawl by Melanie Berg:- this thing is huge! I used Ginger Twist Studios Yakety Yak yarn in the Might as Well be Spring colourway, Hedgehog Fibres Sock in the Bramble colourway and Ginger Twist Studios Splendor in the Girl on Fire Colourway
Pure Joy Shawl by Joji Locatelli - I love this shawl, it's so easy to wear and the yarn is smooshy, cozy
and has great colour.  I used Sublime merino silk 4ply (that's the purple) and Hedgehog fibres Sock yarn in the Melody colourway.  Zoomed off the needles despite being a 4ply/fingering weight shawl.


Girl from the Grocery Store by Joji Locatelli:- another quick and simple garter stitch shawl in fresh Spring colours, Hedgehog Fibres Bramble and a lovely green from the Knitting Goddess (lost the ball band so can't give you the name)

A pair of Vanilla Socks made using Hedgehog Fibres Boom Box.  These will be going in my Box O Sox a year long KAL by Yarngasm.



At Dawn Shawl by Joji Locatelli knitted using Superb Bamboo superwash by Rico yarns.  The pattern came from Interpretations Vol 1 which I picked up at Edinburgh Yarn Festival 2017.


And finally, another pair of Vanilla Socks for my Box O Sox.  Knitted two at a time and toe up with a Fish Lips Kiss heel using Knitting Goddess Blue Faced Leicester and mixed British wools  spun in Yorkshire in the Gunfight at the OK Coral colourway.


Well PHEW! That was a long one, but it clears the decks for the next time when I will bring you new things I'm working on, perhaps a finished object or two and my stash enhancements from Edinburgh Yarn  Festival and any other additions to my stash I might have made since then.

TTFN

No comments: