Thursday 27 November 2008

Slacking?

No as it happens, I may not have shared any of my knitting projects lately but that does not mean that there have not been any.

With the run up to Christmas, I have been busting my stash with small one ball items to augment peoples Xmas prezzies.  I tried to think of things which would be useful, (no point in making a crochet bikini for someone who lives in the North East of Scotland) unusual and attractive.  I've been doing quite well with the women and children but the men are a real pain in the rear.  Every man I know has mega large feet, so socks are out of the question as I would still be knitting rounds in July, I can't find a gents glove pattern I like and hats are dull! (end of rant)

So, to share what I have done so far:



These scarfs are great, you can have one knitted up in an evening using a single skein of yarn. I used double knitting yarn (worsted weight 8ply) but the pattern calls for 4ply (fingering) I like the DK version, it makes the finished article so cozy yet still retains a modicum of style. I can see a few of these in my immediate future




Another easy knit, this time using aran weight yarn. The yarn I used is Debbie Bliss Pure Cotton which I reclaimed from a tank top I knitted and hated , so never wore. Its amazing just how many projects I will get from the reclaimed yarn from my frankenknit.


I rather think I missed the point with these, I should have used a plain dye yarn instead of the self patterning so that the cable work on the wrist could be seen. They are a good fit though and I will be making further pairs in the near future when I lay my hands on a suitable yarn. These are made using Wendy Happy 4ply in the Pisces colourway, I only used half a skein because of its generous length so I may make another pair of Knotty but miss out the pattern section.

So as you can see, I have been working away quietly trying to make a stack of stocking fillers before Santa comes.




1 comment:

Daniele said...

You definitely have not been slacking!! I especially love the gloves! :)